Stamp ‘n Hand is For Sale, and the perfect new owner is out there!
Stamp ‘n Hand has always been about people and creativity. So many people, from all over the country, have visited the store: it’s a destination for regular customers in the five-state area, not to mention visitors and tourists from all over the U.S. and beyond. If you are interested in owning your own business, and are passionate about art, crafts, creativity—and people!—keep reading:
About The Business
Stamp ‘n Hand: A Unique Shopping Experience
Stamp ‘n Hand, located at 200 S. 4th St. in downtown La Crosse Wisconsin has been in operation since 1992. We offer an eclectic mix of paper craft supplies, handcrafted gifts, vintage and estate items, and LOTS of miscellaneous items—something for everyone! We currently offer:
- The area’s largest collection of rubber stamps
- Stencils, stickers, templates & unique papers
- Handcrafted gifts and estate items
- Greeting cards
- Unique and quality gifts, including La Crosse themed gifts and memorabilia
- Home décor and decorative accessories
- And more!
We also offer a variety of classes, showing how to use the materials that we sell.
While the business has been successful selling arts and crafts, gifts, and unique items, there’s always room for growth and change! People will always love art and crave a creative outlet, so there are plenty of opportunities to grow and evolve the store…with new product lines, classes, and even new ways of selling (eCommerce?!). Owner Margie Wanek has a plethora of ideas for continuing to enhance the business, which she would gladly share with the new owner, if desired.
Stamp ‘n Hand has a diverse customer base, including:
- Craft aficionados who travel to La Crosse for the express purpose of shopping in our store
- Local craft enthusiasts interested in pursuing their hobbies of:
- Card making & scrapbooking
- Rubber stamping
- Paper crafts & paper making
- Metal tooling
- Embellishments for other hobbies such as clay, jewelry making etc
- Residents who work downtown who stop in for an envelope, a gift, or just to browse (yes, we sell single envelopes!)
- Brides-to-be and other “party planners” wanting to specialize their décor, favors, and more
- Those in search of unique gifts (and the cards to go along with them!)
- Local shoppers as well as tourists shopping the bustling downtown area
We have a large email database of our customers, along with an active presence on social media.
Why Buy an Established Business?
Purchasing an established business allows you to hit the ground running – first and foremost, you benefit from immediate and ongoing sales thanks to established brand recognition and loyalty (and with it, an established and loyal customer base.) What’s more, you benefit from:
- Experienced, reliable, knowledgeable staff
- Free consultation services from the current owner, including suggestions for changes, additions, grow opportunities, etc.
- Established Downtown connections
- Marketing through ongoing media relationships
- Established supplier relationships complete with initial orders having already been made, historical order requirements, and data about what products perform the best
- Business equipment: computer/POS system; cash register/cash drawer; telephones and FAX machine; floor displays; countertop displays; and storage shelving
- A built-in network: current owner will personally introduce the new owner to other downtown business owners
- Two current part-time employees may also be available
Is Stamp ‘n Hand a Good Business Opportunity for YOU?
Stamp ‘n Hand might be the perfect business opportunity for YOU if you enjoy:
- Being creative
- Interacting with people
- Teaching (such as arts and crafts workshops or retreats )
- Making products for sale
- Researching new trends and product lines
- Developing relationships with vendors, customers, and other business owners
- Creating new and interesting marketing ideas, such as displays, advertisements, emails, social media posts, and website content
- Helping others discover a new passion and creative outlet
- Learning new skills and challenging yourself!
We’ve set a price at $125,000 “turn-key”—which means the purchase price includes:
- Physical Equipment
- Email list
- Website and domain name
- An incredible 26 year reputation and other ‘non-tangibles’ that you get with an existing business
Stamp ‘n Hand is currently housed in a prime location in the booming downtown La Crosse area, at 200 4th St S. Rent would be negotiable with the current landlord or the business could move to a new location.
I am ready to negotiate the sale now! If you’re interested, please give me a call at (608) 784-1234, send me an email at email@example.com or stop into the store.
A Note from Margie:
I feel privileged to have been part of the downtown La Crosse community for over 26 years. My dream would be that the Stamp ‘n Hand tradition would continue. It is my hope that Stamp ‘n Hand will reopen under new ownership, possibly in a new location, and with an exciting look to the future.
Stamp ‘n Hand has always been about people and creativity and I will be forever grateful to my wonderful customers. So many people, from all over the country, have visited the store and it’s been a pleasure getting to know you. I delighted in sharing the latest merchandise with you, but, more importantly, I’ve learned so much from you. I’m proud to be able to call Stamp ‘n Hand a destination store for regular customers in the five-state area, not to mention visitors and tourists from all over the U.S. and beyond.
Thank you again for your ongoing support and a special thank you to my long-time customers and the many employees who have been of tremendous assistance, and a big part of my life, over the years. I’ll miss you all, but I am excited to see what this next stage of my life holds.